Archive for September 16, 2008

September 16, 1885

September 16, 2008

Macalester College opened its St. Paul campus. Originally known as Baldwin School, it was renamed for Charles Macalester, owner of the Winslow House, a hotel in Minneapolis where classes were first held. Macalester agreed to donate the hotel to the college in 1874.

Thanks to Mrs. Judi Vittito’s 6th grade class at Northfield Middle School for the research on September’s Day in History.

Thanks also to Minnesota’s Learn and Serve America Service Learning Program for their help.

Advertisements